Decisive Intelligence, Inc. is seeking a SAP Technical Consultant with experience with utility modules such as Energy Data Management (EDM) to join a growing team in Huntsville. This full time/W2 roll provides excellent opportunity and benefits.
The Senior SAP Functional Analyst will administer and support SAP software applications by applying functional knowledge and technical expertise of the assigned SAP ECC module. The Senior SAP Functional Analyst will be involved in all aspects of the software product life cycle including requirements gathering, analysis, design, configuration, testing, implementation, maintenance, user support and documentation. Must possess the ability to multitask and work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Work is performed independently and requires a large degree of initiative and judgment.
- Collaborate with business units, production support team members and developers on requirements gathering, solution design, and creation of production support specifications and supporting documents and delivers solutions within project deadlines.
- Enhances and modifies EDM module related SAP configuration/coding to support business needs.
- Develops and evaluates project plans: provides direction and leadership.
- Facilitate and participate in functional and technical solution reviews with management, developers, architects, and infrastructure (Basis) personal.
- Collaborate with other SAP functional analysts, managers, and business representatives to determine schedules and project deadlines.
- Create and execute appropriate test cases to ensure the integrity of the solution prior to user acceptance testing.
- Work with business to resolve identified solution defects and communicate the proposed solution.
- Manage the move of the approved solution thru the system landscape.
- Develop and evaluate plans and criteria to be carried out by others; provides direction and leadership.
- Must possess a mindset to objectively view and effectively explain an issue or resolution from an end-user/customer/business perspective.
- Coordinates and participates in system integration, performance and acceptance testing.
- Performs and documents updates to configuration records to track application changes.
- Conducts technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time requirements and compatibility with current system.
- Creates and/or supports the creation of required reports in response to business user needs.
- Develops and provides user documentation and training.
- Defines and implements process improvement measures within the environment.
- Ensures all proper change management and problem management processes are followed.
- Proactively advise on improving / re-engineering business processes in close cooperation with the assigned business units.
- Performs other duties including being on call after office hours for monitoring Redwood as assigned.
Education/Training/Certifications: B.S. in Computer Information Systems or related field is required.
- 5+ years’ SAP systems implementation and support is required.
- Strong Functional Knowledge in one or more of these SAP Utility modules: EDM, Work Management, DM, Scheduling and AMI.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues related to meter disconnect, reconnects, service orders, payments in a production environment.
- Ability to gather business requirements and translate them to technical requirements/solution design.
- Working knowledge of SAP structures, object dependencies and tables.
- Strong understanding of SAP end-to-end data flows and interactions between SAP modules.
- Proficient in the use of SAP Service Marketplace (OSS).
The following skill set would be a plus:
- Hands on experience using ABAP in an ECC 6.0 environment.
- Integration with other SAP utility software and hardware like Inservice, MVRS, Itron etc.
- Knowledge of AMI head end and MDM systems like L&G and Siemens.
- Experience interfacing SAP with Meter Installation Vendors for AMI meters.
- One full Life Cycle Implementation project, including post Implementation Production Support.
- Familiarity with SAP S/4 HANA functionality