Decisive Intelligence, Inc. is seeking two Linux Systems Administrators to join a growing team in support of a large missile program in Huntsville, AL.
Job Description & Required Skills:
Assists with hardware and software installation, configuration, troubleshooting, scanning, patching and backup of client servers and workstations. Performs hardware and software upgrades. Applies security patches and recommended operating system (OS) patches. Tests and installs desktop software and adds and removes user accounts. Provides system performance tuning and performs backups and restores. Assists with setup and operations during dry run and formal test events.
Provides day-to-day deep understanding Linux system administration support, including security administration operation system and software installations and initial system configuration. Exhibits excellent communication skills within a team-based environment. Coordinates and communicates activities, status updates, outage notifications and schedule information. Prepares required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation. Utilizes strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in information technology or system/network administration
- Knowledgeable of current trends in Network architecture and connectivity
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) administration experience
- Ability to troubleshoot resolve network connectivity issues on RHEL, HP-UX, Solaris and/or Windows platforms
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- 5 – 15 years of experience
- IA certification and Linux/Unix knowledge
- Linux + certification
- Operating system certification (Linux or Cisco)
- Experience in fast-paced environment with short, quick product life cycles
- Experience with Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) environments and real-time systems
- RHEL Kickstart development experience
- Perl and/or shell script development experience
- Ability to troubleshoot/resolve network connectivity issues on Cisco and Juniper network devices
- RHEL security scripts development experience to include patches, STIG fixes, virus updates, etc.
- Ability to provide recommendation to management on system upgrades, vendor products, and system enhancements
- Experience with DoD or Army Missile Defense programs
- CISSP, RCHT RCT, or RHCE certified
- Familiar with AN-TPY2/UWER/ SBX/LRDR radar systems
- Familiar with integration of complex HWIL environments I.E. Radars, SIU, NSITE, Signal injectors, external networks
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
Some Travel and flexible hours